I’ve been seeing & hearing this going round, & round among my friends & family… so I thought I’d share a little insight.
Ladies & Gentlemen: COMMUNICATE!
Relationships are NOT easy, they take WORK on BOTH sides to survive & be strong!
Ladies, at this time of year, our natural instincts & the way we were raised kick into high gear, triggering our home & family relationship zones.
We want to feel loved, appreciated, important, etc.. all this is good IN MODERATION…
unfortunately all those feelings & thoughts also kick in our FEARS ..
- does he love me,
- does he want to spend time with me,
- why doesn’t he answer my calls & texts right away…
Get a grip..
- he loves you or he wouldn’t be with you,
- he does want to spend time with you,
- make you happy,
- do things together,
Things like work, money, bills and the incessant need we have to “talk” take their toll.
Remember too, that what we as women say is not always what a man hears.. there IS a difference!
- Trust in your relationship,appreciate how hard your partner is working & trying to make things as smooth for you as possible.
- Give your partner some space to breathe after a long day, not verbally bombard him with how horrid your day was, or what you think they did wrong.
- DON’T Accuse one another or try to tell them how to feel.. we are human & have our own emotions & personalities..
- there are bound to be differences of opinion… agree to dis-agree.
COMMUNICATE! communication is KEY..
(a woman will start questioning EVERYTHING if you don’t Talk to her or SHOW her she is important to you.)
- Guys & Gals BOTH must show appreciation,
- take time (after you get home relaxing for about 30 mins) to find out how his/her day was..
- KNOW that you don’t have to “fix” it, just listen..
- (she will ask if she needs you to help or fix it.. women talk things out to find answers.)
- It is ok to ask questions.. it shows interest.
- Be Sincere!
- Be INTERESTED in what he/she has to say.
- Most important is to LOVE each other & not let the nay sayers & negatives tear you apart.
- Work things out if possible, if that is not possible move on trying to remain friends.