recipe for Mabon
by Nichole Ellwanger
Crock-pot Baked Apples
6 Medium sized apples (harder baking apples work best) Washed and Cored
1/4 c Packed Dark Brown Sugar
3T Raisins (I like to Mix golden and regular)
3T Dried Cranberry
1t Lemon Zest
1t Ground Cinnamon
2T Butter- cut into 6 small pieces
1/4c Orange Juice
- Wash and core all 6 apples.
- Then arrange them in the crock pot so that there is an open side up.
- In a separate bowl mix together brown sugar, raisins, dried cranberries, lemon zest and cinnamon.
- Divide and spoon mixture into the 6 apples.
- Pour Orange Juice and water into the pot and dot apples with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 2.5 to 3.5 hours.
Adapted from the Crock-Pot recipe Collection.