*DIY Vitamin C Serum*
Vitamin C serum tightens your skin, helps lighten hormonal pigmentation and helps ward off wrinkles.
Lather it on every SINGLE night before going to bed.
The only problem with Vitamin C serum is that it’s one of the priciest skin care products on the market.
But today I am going to show you how you can make your own…for under $10!
What you will need:
- A dark colored glass bottle. I used an empty serum bottle.
- Vitamin C powder (L ascorbic powder). You can find this at your local health food store that carries products in bulk or you can purchase here.
- %100 pure vegetable glycerin, which is a great base for serums and makes your skin extra glowy and soft.
- In a small bowl mix 1 tsp. of Vitamin C powder with 2 tsp. of vegetable glycerin.
- Crush the crystals up until they are completely dissolved (if you don’t you will end up with a grainy serum)
- Carefully pour your serum into your glass bottle.
- Apply 3-4 drops onto freshly cleansed skin and gently massage in until fully absorbed.
- Keep in a cool dry place.
* Update- if you are having trouble getting the crystals to dissolve, add a tiny bit of purified or distilled water to the mixture.
This should completely solve the gritty problem some of you are experiencing.
SO easy and you skin will thank you for this I promise.
My recommendation is to use this only at night to start.
If you think your skin can handle more go ahead and use twice a day.
Since this serum is all natural and does not contain any preservatives, only make enough to last you about two weeks.
Vitamin C serum may cause temporary redness and that is normal, but if you have any burning sensation remove with cool water and lower the ratio of Vitamin C powder to vegetable glycerin.
Enjoy and please come back and let me know how you like this if you try it out!
*DIY Vitamin C Mask*
*DIY vitamin c mask*
Live in the land of sun (California) where most women believe the tanner the better?
Today I am going to show you how you can make your own super affordable at home corrective mask using Vitamin C powder.
COOL but where can I get vitamin C powder?
You can get it at your local bulk health food store, Or you can buy it in bulk here.
Vitamin C will help keep your skin smooth and youthful looking. It can also help lighten dark spots caused by the sun.
How to make your own vitamin C mask:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of vitamin C with 1/2 tablespoon filtered water. If your skin is dry you can substitute water for 100 % pure aloe Vera gel.
- Apply to face and leave on for about 10-15 min. Avoid directly under the eyes.
- Remove with a soft warm wash cloth.
You will LOVE the way your skin will look and feel after this!