Mabon (MAH-boon)/Autumn Equinox Occurs when the sun is at zero degrees Libra. This happens around the days of September 20-23. The day and night become equal, as darkness over takes the light. Father Sun dies as a willing sacrifice, descending into earth. He awaits in Mother Earth's womb for his renewal and rebirth. Mother Earth feels the presence of the Creator. She prepares for her own journey into the Spirit World, to search for Father Sun again. So we celebrate all we have harvest on our journey. Look and see what has grown and matured from the "seeds" you have sown. Give thanks for the abundance on your journey. Remember especially those we normally take for granted.
- -Good Jobs
- -Our home
There are many who don’t have the lifestyle that we enjoy, remember this and be grateful.
Take stock and see what you still need for your journey.
- -Maybe it is mentally
- -Maybe it is spiritual
- -Maybe it is both Symbols:
- Wine, gourd, pinecone, acorn, grain, corn, apple, pomegrate, vine, dried seeds.
- Foods: Bread, nuts, apple, pomegranate, vegetables, fruit.
- Colors: Red, orange, russet, maroon, brown, gold
- Incense: Blend-benzoin, myrrh, and sage
- Herbs and Flowers: Acorn, benzoin, fern, grains, honeysuckle, marigold, milkweed, myrrh, passionflower, rose, sage, tobacco, thistle, vegetables, Solomon’s seal.
- Activies: Making wine, gathering dried herbs, plants seeds and seed pods, walking in the woods, scattering offerings in harvest fields, offering libations to trees, a adorning burial sites with leaves, acorns, and pine cones to honor those who have passed over in to the spirit world.
- Spell workings: Protection, prosperity, security, and self-confidence. Also those of harmony and balance.