Glowee – Sansevieria trifasciata
Glowee Plant Features
- Glowee is an easy-to-grow plant that glows in the dark!
- It’s especially fun to grow in a child’s bedroom where it can be a living nightlight, but will thrive in just about any room of your house.
- During the day, Glowee features stiff, upright foliage that has a sleek, modern feel.
- At night, those vertical leaves give off a soft, greenish glow.
- Glowee is 100 percent plant; it’s not a weird, genetically modified organism.
***Note:*** Light, whether natural or artificial, “charges” Glowee. The brighter the light, the more Glowee glows! Also, certain types of light (for instance, natural sunlight or black light) will make the glow more intense.
Glowee Growing Instructions
- Like most plants, Glowee doesn’t require natural light to grow. It thrives just fine under artificial light — including in offices and classrooms.
- Glowee does best in medium to bright light, but tolerates low-light conditions well, too.
- Water Glowee regularly when the top inch or two of the soil dries out.
- Glowee would rather be kept too dry than too wet.
- Glowee is not intended for human or animal consumption.
- Indoors: High light
- Indoors: Low light
- Indoors: Medium light
- Low water needs
- Purifies the air
- Super-easy to grow
Plants Connected to this Article:
Baby’s Tears – Soleirolia soleirolii
Calathea – Calathea spp.
Peace Lily – Spathiphyllum spp.
Banana – Musa spp
Fern – Various
Peperomia – Peperomia spp.
Madagascar Dragon Tree – Dracaena marginata
Red Aglaonema – Aglaonema spp.
Elephant’s Ear – Alocasia spp.
Zebra Plant – Aphelandra squarrosa